Mother Care: In Home Postpartum Care Session
Jenna provides in home care in Central San Diego and East County San Diego, CA.
As the mother focus’ on her newborns needs, my care model focuses on addressing your physical, emotional, mental and spiritual needs through in-home postpartum care sessions.
For thousands of years, communities all around the world have honored the postpartum space as one of the most sacred and important times in a woman’s life. The traditions of postpartum care are cross-cultural and have existed as a response to the physiologic changes that occur in our bodies after birth. Mothers require a supportive holistic approach to their postpartum recovery and deserve to be nourished and cared for just as their new babies are.
Mother Care sessions focus on the healing needs of the birthing parent in an extended in-person session lasting about 2-3 hours in length. Each session is unique and based upon whatever feels most nourishing and essential to the mother. Each session will allow space for lactation/feeding support if needed.
Some traditional wisdom we may draw from in our sessions:
· Herbal vaginal (yoni) steaming
· Uterine moxibustion
· Herbal Sitz bath
· Abdominal castor oil packs
· Self scar tissue remediation
· Matresence Ceremony: (Similar to closing of the bones (after 6 weeks)
· Gua Sha/Lymphatic massage
· Aromatherapy and topical application of essential oils if desired
· Breath work, guided meditation, embodiment practices, and resources for mental wellbeing
· Basic movements to assist in re-establishing pelvic floor health and function
· Nutritional guidance on nourishing, mineral rich foods important for postpartum healing
· Referrals to professionals in the community as needed. Access to quality resources and referrals
** Service area for in-home sessions includes Central San Diego and East County San Diego only. Travel fee included.